“Thin & Crispy” Pancakes
2 Tablespoons of plain flour
¼ pint of of Milk
1 teaspoon of butter
Salt and Pepper
Mix all the ingredients for the batter and leave to rest for up to 2 hours.
Heat a pan with a teaspoon of oil. And add batter to middle of pan and allow to spread.
Flip or turn with a fish slice to cook both sides.
Make pancakes ahead of time and leave on a plate over a boil of boiling water covered with another plate.
Smoked Salmon, Cream Cheese & Chives
Smoked salmon, sliced into thin ribbons
Lemon (for juice)
- Spread the cream cheese thinly across the pancake and place a few “ribbons” of smoked salmon in the middle
- Sprinkle the chives over and squeeze a little lemon juice on top
- Season with freshly ground black pepper
- Fold the edges of the pancake in and roll up
Roast Red Pepper, Chilli and Feta Cheese
Jar of roasted red peppers (or homemade if you prefer) sliced
Fresh red chilli chopped
Feta cheese, crumbled or chopped
Salt and pepper
- Place the roasted red peppers on the pancake and sprinkle the chilli over (make sure you taste some of the chilli so you know how hot it is!)
- Place the feta cheese on top and season generously
- Fold the edges of the pancake and roll up
Chocolate, Hazelnut and Banana
Chopped hazelnuts, toasted on a dry pan
Smooth the chocolate spread over the pancake and place the banana slices down the middle, top with the chopped hazelnuts
Roll up and serve
Tropical Fruits and Chopped Nuts
Your choice of tropical fruits such as mango, passion fruit seeds or pineapple, chopped
Chopped almonds or hazelnuts
- Lightly toast the nuts on a dry frying pan
- Sprinkle the sugar over the pancake whilst it is still warm
- Place the fruit and nuts along the centre of the pancake and place a dollop of the Crème Fraiche on top
- Roll up and serve
American Style Breakfast Pancakes with Bacon or Blueberries and Syrup
(Make smaller, thicker pancakes for this)
200g plain flour
1 tsp cream of tartar
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp golden syrup
zest 1 lemon
1 large egg
butter, for cooking
First, put the flour, cream of tartar and bicarbonate of soda in the bowl. Mix them well with the fork. Drop the golden syrup into the dry ingredients along with the blueberries and lemon zest.
Pour the milk into a measuring jug. Now break in the egg and mix well with a fork. Pour most of the milk mixture into the bowl and mix well with a rubber spatula. Keep adding more milk until you get a smooth, thick, pouring batter.
Heat the frying pan and brush with a little butter. Then spoon in the batter, 1 tbsp at a time, in heaps. Bubbles will appear on top as the pancakes cook – turn them at this stage, using the metal spatula to help you. Cook until brown on the second side, then keep warm on a plate, covered with foil. Repeat until all the mixture is used up.
Streaky Bacon, cooked until crispy and chopped
Maple Syrup (or brch syrup)
Blueberries and/or raspberries
Place all the toppings on the pancake and serve